For those of you whose bank accounts are looking a bit worse for wares, we have found the best places to visit in Barcelona if you’re on a budget.
Barcelona is one of the most popular travel destinations in the world. The quirky city oozes Mediterranean culture and history and will tantalise your taste buds with the traditional Paella and Sangria! You don’t have to break the bank when visiting Barcelona, there’s plenty of activities suitable for the tightest of budgets.
We’ve found the best things to do in Barcelona on a budget, so you dont have to!
1. Visit Parc Guell
Parc Guell is super cheap and packed full of activities, for just 5 euro you can see the gingerbread gatehouse,the Psychedelic lizard,a museum and the market that features a whopping 86 leaving columns.
2. Visit the beaches
Barcelona boasts four main beaches: Icaria Beach, Sitges Beaches, Mar Bella Beache and Barceloneta Beach. So you’ll be spoilt for choice for what beach to choose to spend your sunny afternoon soaking up the sun on.
3. Go on a Bike Tour
Bike your way through the city whilst simultaniously topping up your tan and burning off all of that Paella. For 5 euro an hour you could be experiencing Barcelona’s history and culture on bike. Cycling through the city is a much better way to see the sites than using the metro!
4. Admire Barcelona’s art exhibitions
Barcelona is busting with art, with its Modernista architecture, museums and galleries dotted around the city there is plenty of art to gaze upon.
Barcelona has many free galleries:
5. Experience Barcelona’s Nightlife
Barcelona by night is full of party hotspots. From Jazz to Punk there’s something for everyone once the sun sets.
- Jamboree – Famous for its late night Jazz sessions in the 60’s this club is embedded in Barcelona’s heritage.
- Sidecar Factory Club – This club has been providing clubbers a means to escape the mainstream with its rock, punk, indie and experimental music. The club hosts DJ sessions 6 nights a week. (Look out for flyers for cheap admission and drinks deals!)
- Luz De Gas – With a different genre of music each night this is the club has something for everyone.